Sunday, December 2, 2007

Reflection

I've been reflecting on how long it's been since my last post. I've been quite absent from the blog since my "big day". I admit I still blush when I think of it or look down at my beautiful ring ~*v*~

I couldn't be happier than I am when I'm with Karloff and May! Every moment I have with them seems to stretch out forever - like the very concept of being apart is remote and distant. Yet, there is still never enough time. Eternity couldn't be long enough so share with them everything I want to and have to give.

In all honesty, Karloff has been on my ass to post something. My audience awaits, he says (what audience, I ask?!).

I've undertaken too many projects lately. Mainly trying to complete a gift for someone (who's birthday happened to be last Thursday! *gasp*). I've also thankfully found my copy of Eye of the World by Robert Jordan which I am currently reading to May & Karloff. We're all quite happy to have found it since our little reading sessions can now continue.

Just a few days ago Karloff picked out a cute little gift at the comic book shop for me...Genbu Kaiden from Fushigi Yuugi. He bought me the 1st & 2nd mangas of the series, which so far I've enjoyed. Unfortunately, I had the foolish idea of mentioning this to my brother, who promptyly told me that happens to the main character at the end of the series. THANKS!

Suppose worse things could happen. Truthfully, that has been a drop in the pond this week.

Mostly I find myself reflecting on my experiences as a leasing agent over the years. I've met some interesting people and seen some odd, sometimes unfortunate things. I've been solicited at work, harassed, threatened, followed, assaulted, screamed at, scared half out of my mind by swat teams, seen children ripped away from their junkie mother's arms, seen prositutes beaten on the street in front of my office window, been offered crack by the bum smoking in our lobby, gotten kittens pulled out of garbage compactors that had been dropped from the 12th floor of an apartment building, been questioned by police investigators over suspicious deaths...I haven't lost many residents of the buildings I've worked in...but it came close this week.

One of my tenants had quite a close brush with death this past week. I had only just spoken with the man an hour before he was rushed out of his apartment by the paramedics and the fire department. Had my superintendant and property manager, who broke down the door and were the first people on the scene, not receieved a call about a leak into another tenant's bathroom, they never would have gone into the apartment and broken in the door to get to the running bathtub and semi-conscious man. Thankfully they were able to get help to him before he was too far gone.

My property management company's head office has okayed our office sending him and his family a gift basket to show we care...(that we get his money...*sigh*)

You really wouldn't think property management would be stressful emotionally...but if you think about it, you work where people live. Life happens at home and all these things are unfortunate parts of some people's lives. It makes me sad.

I have a book that I write in sometimes...quotes, parts of songs, poems or plays, etc...
I haven't been able to find it lately, but there are two quotes I've wanted to add over the last few days. Somehow they seem relevent right now...

"You know I'm gonna lose
Gambling is for fools
But that's the way I like it, baby
I don't wanna live forever..."

- The Ace of Spades by Motorhead


"
Well, I know it hard for you to know the reason why
But I know you'll understand more when it's time to die
I don't believe this life you have will be the only one
You have to let your body sleep to let you soul live on"

- Sabbra Cadabra by Metallica / Black Sabbath